SHARE YOUR STORY
Camp Barnabas is conducting a "Share Your Story" contest for staff and missionaries (past and present). We’d love to know what Barnabas means to you and how it’s impacted your life!
If you've served at camp before, we want to hear your experience! Submit your story (500 words or less) and answer the remaining questions below to enter. Stories should include how you were changed or moved by your experience.
SHARE YOUR STORY - CONTEST PRIZES
We’re thrilled to share that an anonymous donor will awarding the following: $600 prize for the Grand Prize Story; $300 for the Runner Up Story, and $100 for an Honorable Mention Story!
RULES & DEADLINES
Submissions are due by 11:50 pm on October 30, 2019. Only one entry per staff/missionary is permitted. Entries that are incomplete, are submitted late, do not answer all required questions, or contain information other than as requested, will not be accepted.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. The judges will then select the prize-winners. Entries will be evaluated based upon the following criteria: adherence to the Submission Guidelines (as stated above) as well as originality, organization, and writing style.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Eligibility: The Share Your Barnabas Story (“Sweepstakes”) contest is open to any individual who has served as a missionary/counselor/CIA or summer staff at Camp Barnabas (from 1994 to present day). Employees, board members, and Immediate family members (spouses and siblings, children and parents and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible.
- To Enter: Complete the Sweepstakes form. Submissions are live starting September 23, 2019 and close at 11:59 pm on October 30, 2019. Only one entry per staff/missionary is permitted. Entries that are incomplete, are submitted late, do not answer all required questions, or contain information other than as requested, will not be accepted.
- Winning & Prizes: Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. The judges will then select the prize-winners. Entries will be evaluated based upon the following criteria: adherence to the Submission Guidelines (as stated above) as well as originality, organization, and writing style. No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. Winner will be notified by phone, email, postal mail or express mail at Camp Barnabas’ sole discretion. Return of a prize notification or other documentation as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in the notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected.
- General: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize and not specified are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will be issued an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the prize. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Camp Barnabas and judges, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; and [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Camp Barnabas and its agents from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participating in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to permit Camp Barnabas to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Camp Barnabas and its agents are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data; [b] lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; [c] any type of graphical or other error in the advertising or printing of the Sweepstakes or in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or [d] any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and in such event Camp Barnabas reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and to award the prize(s) via a random drawing from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Camp Barnabas.
- Use of Entrant Information: Each entrant agrees that Camp may share his/her entry information for marketing purposes (including name and story).