The Barnabas experience changes perspectives and redefines disability. Campers are reminded that they are wonderfully and perfectly created. Each and every day, they are told YES you can. Yes, you can live a life of purpose!
At Camp Barnabas, we invite people with special needs, chronic illnesses, and their siblings to embrace life as Jesus made them and to reach their fullest potential at camp. Our goal is to make sure everyone has the best week of their lives:
- Every program and activity is adapted so each person, regardless of ability, can participate.
- Each week that we have is geared to a specific age range (starting at age 7 and you can not age out) and a set of diagnoses so that each camper is in a cabin with others similar to themselves.
- We match our campers up one-on-one with a volunteer so they can get the full support they need.
- We also have a full medical facility with nurses and doctors to be able to accommodate any medical needs our campers may require.
- No camper is turned away due to financial need, therefore, scholarships are available upon request.
We invite you to experience the love, joy, and excitement of inclusion and acceptance this summer.