Frequently Asked Questions
In order to attend Camp Barnabas, you must have ONE of the following:
- Proof of a negative COVID test within 48 hours of arrival.
- Proof of positive COVID antibodies within 60 days of arrival.
- Proof of a recent positive COVID test within 60 days of arrival. At arrival, must be 10 days past the date of test and be fever and symptom free for 48 hours
That’s okay! Before you even get to camp, you’ll receive required e-learning materials to prepare you for your time at Barnabas. Once you’re at camp, you’ll complete a full training in addition to the online training you already completed to get you ready to serve the campers well. We would encourage you to spend time with people with special needs before you get to camp, though!
YES!! Please do! You are welcome and invited to serve more than one term.
*If you stay in between terms you must be 18 or over and have approval from our Missions Director prior to staying at camp. You will be responsible for your own personal food, transportation, and entertainment as our staff will be on break. You will be expected to follow the camp rules even during the break. We will have a place for you to sleep and people will be around for emergencies.
Yes! We strive to provide everyone at camp with the safest, most current medical practices. If able, missionaries should bring medication in pre-packaged (multi-dose strip packaging or multi-dose blister packs) by a pharmacy. Doing so will minimize potential medication errors, and follow the best-practice standards set by the American Nurse Association (ANA). However, we understand that not all insurances and pharmacies are able to assist with this process. In this case, please send your child’s medication in the original pharmacy container with the pharmacy label intact, and no written edits on the instructions. Please refer to the Medical Form included in the Barnabas Bound Packet for further instructions on medication packaging. Thank you for your support in making your child’s stay at Camp Barnabas as safe as possible.
As a reminder, liquid medications must also be in the original pharmacy container. Please refer to the Barnabas Medical Form in your Barnabas Bound Packet for our policy on topical creams, eye drops, ear drops, or anything that is not a pill.
- Multi-Dose Strip Packaging – Each strip consists of individually sealed compartments containing all medications in pill form that are to be taken at a medicine pass delivery time (listed above).
- Multi-Dose Blister Packs – Each blister pocket contains all the medication, in pill form, that is to be taken at a medicine delivery time (listed above). These can often be ordered online.
Thank you for your support in making your time at Camp Barnabas as safe as possible. If you have questions, please contact our Director of Health Services, Bernadette Losh, at [email protected]
We strive to glorify Jesus Christ in everything we do. We especially want campers to see our staff and missionaries as living examples of Christ. We have specific policies designed to allow you to understand what we believe is right and true in the eyes of our Lord. These policies are also designed for your safety and wellness during camp. If you have questions about these, please contact our camp office. Thank you!